Quality of Professional Life
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Small class sizes
- 88-acre campus in a residential area of far North Dallas: 18 buildings, 5 athletic fields, and 65 acres of open space
- Child Development Center (CDC) for employees' children, serving children 6 weeks to 5 years of age
- Athletic facilities including 2 gymnasia, natatorium, wellness center, dance studio, tennis center, softball complex, and an all-weather track
- Fine arts wing including ceramics studio with outdoor kilns, photography lab, art studio, black box theater, music practice rooms, and the 560-seat Esther Hoblitzelle Auditorium
- The Hockaday libraries serve the entire Hockaday community, including students, faculty and staff, parents, and alums, with our youngest patrons coming from the CDC. Together, the physical collection totals approximately 65,000 volumes, which is comprised of books as well as audio.visual materials. While we don't include these in our count, we also have a robust selection of newspapers and magazines. The library also provides access to a myriad of online databases, with many specific to a particular subject area such as history and science.
- Progressive educational priorities, including a 1-1 laptop program and consortium membership in Online School for Girls, as well as the use of interactive whiteboards in every classroom
- Vibrant residential program with 74 students from 9 countries
Professional Development Support
Forty-six study grants awarded in 2012-2013; Study grants support graduate study, research in one's field, curriculum innovation, and other continued professional growth.
Faculty attendance at over 170 conferences in workshops in 2012-2013
Endowed awards for teaching excellence
|Candidates interested in applying for a position should submit their résumé only* (unless otherwise noted in a particular job description). It is preferred that résumés are submitted electronically to the email address noted in each respective position description.|
Notification of resumes received will be sent via electronic mail to candidates. Please allow time for your resume to be processed and check your email for receipt of correspondence from the School.
Additional documents for faculty and staff positions may be requested at a later point in the interview process. Applications for support positions may be picked up in person at the main entrance of Hockaday off of Welch Road.
The Hockaday School is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate, and to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status or other applicable protected classification. (Updated June 30, 2010)