Tuition and Fees

Here you will find tuition and fees for the 2019 - 2020 academic year for day and boarding students. These are the standard fees for tuition for day students and tuition, room, and board for boarding students. They include academic, activity and publication fees as well as individual student accident insurance for all grades. Trip fees are included for all middle school students and Form I and Form IV students. Uniforms, books, optional activities, and individual needs are not included. 

Tuition: Day and Boarding 2019 - 2020

Day Boarding
Lower School (PK-Grade 4) $26,900
Grades 5-7 $32,750
Grade 8 $31,400 $61,621
Form I $32,275 $62,506
Forms II, III $32,000 $62,228
Form IV $32,900 $63,139

Special Fees to Note

  • A matriculation fee of $1,000 will be assessed for first-year students.
  • New students in grades 6-8 must purchase their laptop from the school. The $1,550 laptop bundle includes a laptop computer, software, warranty, access to loaner computers, and service.
  • Boarding students who are not U.S. citizens, do not hold a U.S. passport and are not permanent residents of the U.S will pay a $2,000 International student fee annually.  This fee offsets a range of services for international students and their families who live outside of the United States and are here on an F-1 Student Visa.
  • Residence students are required to purchase tuition refund insurance, and families of Day students may choose to purchase tuition refund insurance for an additional fee.

Payment Plans and Options

  • Option 1: Tuition and Fees paid in full by June 1, 2019
  • Option 2: Tuition and Fees paid in two installments. 60% due by June 1, 2019 (plus a deferral fee) and the remaining 40% paid in full by December 1, 2019.
  • Families may pay by wire, check or by credit card. If paying with a credit card, there is a 2.85% service fee.
© 2020 The Hockaday School. All Rights Reserved