Hockaday dining will spoil you. To ensure the most nutritious and delicious options available, SAGE Dining Services provides multiple selections every day to keep the students and staff well-nourished. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner, options include:
- Fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers and vendors;
- Creative menus with Asian-inspired dishes, Latin American cuisine, and vegetarian and vegan fare;
- Educational Seasonings programs that explore the culture and history of food.
Additionally, SAGE provides national expertise on allergy accommodations and ADA compliance. All SAGE Team Members are extensively trained in food allergy awareness. Parents are welcome to schedule times to visit the kitchen and ask about inventories and preparation methods. Sage’s innovative online allergen filter and comprehensive ingredient list allow you to plan ahead every day. Sage has a tailored a menu for Hockaday that proudly upholds SAGE’s culinary standards, which are:
- Cooking from scratch, using local and campus-grown ingredients where possible;
- Using fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Offering fresh salads and house-made dressings;
- Offering a variety of whole grain breads, bagels, and rolls;
- Providing house-roast deli meats;
- Cooking with trans fat-free oils and MSG-free seasonings;
- Serving antibiotic- and hormone-free milk;
- Sourcing antibiotic-free chicken;
- Using cage-free, Certified Humane® eggs;
- Offering substantial vegetarian and vegan options.
For more information about Sage and nutrition information, Sage has The SAGE Spotlight Program
®. This program ensures all menus have variety, balance, and moderation. Green-dot foods are recommended for at least one-half a plate, yellow-dot foods for one-fourth to one-half a plate, and red-dot foods in smaller portions or less often.